Courtesy of Pete Batard, a new release is out. Again, this is very early in development, so the usual caveats apply – not all OSes will behave as expected and there’s not much yet in terms of step-by-step instructions.
What’s inside this release?
- Add Genet MAC address population [tianocore/edk2-platforms@d1a3240, tianocore/edk2-platforms@885a686, tianocore/edk2-platforms@3f0d14b]
- Add Genet ACPI bindings [tianocore/edk2-platforms@cc7a0c6]
- Fix SDHC ACPI interrupts [tianocore/edk2-platforms@314c45b]
- Fix Serial Number population [tianocore/edk2-platforms@9369b01]
- Improve VideoCore firmware version reporting [tianocore/edk2-platforms@180c613]
- Automatically switch between PL011 and miniUART according to the overlay in config.txt [tianocore/edk2-platforms@bfe3483, tianocore/edk2-platforms@41c1d9b]
“GENET” refers to the on-board Gigabit Ethernet controller on the Raspberry Pi 4. The ACPI bindings for GENET will allow networking use under Linux. The upstream Linux enablement is still a work in progress, so see the relevant bcmgenet patches. For 5.x see https://lkml.kernel.org/lkml/?q=bcmgenet and for 4.19 see https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=950578.